Saturday, May 29, 2010

A pretty day to pick up garbage




A view of Soquel creek next to Nob Hill.

My sister and my grandpa looking for garbage.
We got our stuff ! YAY!


A beautiful shot of the hillside, it looks like a fairy queen's throne.
My sister standing. This part of the creek is very shallow.

An old shopping cart, how disgusting. Another special project to do.




Look, a Coca Cola can.


My sister standing waist deep in the water.
Me holding up a bad smelling plastic bag I found.

OUR LOOT!

5 comments:

  1. I used to play in that part of the creek when I was a kid.

    That was before they made a bridge there, there was a toy store next to Nob Hill, so we made a little bridge of rocks to get across to keep our shoes dry.

    I have not been down there in a long time, thanks for the memories, and good job keeping the creek clean.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great thing you're doing! Keep up the good work. I used to walk under that bridge on my way home from school. Maybe in a dry spell, you could have a metal detector and find some garbage from 100 years ago! Where I live in Seattle, I like to rent a canoe and pick up garbage that way. It is almost like fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Without the hurting of fish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing a remarkable work!

    Andrea (from Italy)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! If you go to Soquel High when you're older you will meet Mr Shower (biology teacher) who has field trips to Soquel Creek to clean up.

    When I was a kid (8th grade through high school graduation) we lived on Soquel Creek (Riverview Drive across from Shadowbrook but up the river more, kind of closer to Nob Hill.) We could walk down the hill (getting stuck by wild berry brambles) to the creek where we kept our canoe and we would paddle all the way to the lagoon by the Venetian. Fun times. Thank you for cleaning it up:-)

    ReplyDelete